Book Title: Grad's Guide to Graduate Admissions Essays: Examples from Real Students Who Got into Top Schools
Publisher: Prufrock Press
Author: Colleen Reding
Grad's Guide to Graduate Admissions Essays
- Graduate Admissions Essays, Fourth Edition: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice (Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way Into the)
- Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning an M.A. or a Ph.D.
- How To Get Into Grad School: Even if You're Broke, Dimwitted, or Spent Your Undergrad Years so Smashed You Can't Even Spell GPA
- How to Write the Perfect Personal Statement: Write powerful essays for law, business, medical, or graduate school application (Peterson's Perfect Personal Statements)
- Great Applications for Business School, Second Edition (Great Application for Business School)
- Graduate School: Winning Strategies for Getting in
- Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Second Edition, Volume 1
- 65 Successful Harvard Business School Application Essays, Second Edition: With Analysis by the Staff of The Harbus, the Harvard Business School Newspaper
- Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps, Third Edition: Crafting a Winning Personal Statement
- Getting In: A Step-By-Step Plan for Gaining Admission to Graduate School in Psychology, 2nd Edition
provides more than 50 successful admission essays straight from the source--recent college graduates making the transition to earning advanced degrees at highly selective graduate programs. Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, and Northwestern are just a few of the universities to which these students were admitted. Each of the essays contains designated segments highlighting the particular characteristics that make them outstanding admissions essays. Additionally, the essays are interspersed with segments labeled "Writer's Words of Wisdom," which contain statements from the author of the particular essay with advice on the admissions process. By receiving guidance from successful graduate school applicants, readers can glean advice from a variety of perspectives, while still obtaining the critical information as it relates to well-written essays for programs within a variety of fields including law, business, medicine, education, and humanities.