Book Title: Saunders Nursing Guide to Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, 2e (Saunders Nurses' Guide to Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests)
Author: Louise M. Malarkey EdD RN
• This complete lab book contains the latest information on testing organized alphabetically for quick reference.
• It is both student-friendly and provides great information for practicing nurses.
• Significance of Test Results sections list the diseases and disorders that are associated with abnormal findings and Test Result Indications sections list the possible clinical significance of abnormal findings.
• Tests are presented in a format that emphasizes the nurse’s role, and includes Basics the Nurse Needs to Know and Nursing Care.
• The clinical purpose of each test is identified, and how each test is performed is clearly explained.
• A pronunciation guide for the name of each test helps with difficult terminology.
- Alphabetical organization of the laboratory tests (featuring alphabetical thumb tabs) makes every test easy to find.
- Also Called sections feature synonyms and abbreviations that help you identify specific tests.
- Purpose of the Test states the indications of each test.
- Basics the Nurse Needs to Know offers an explanation of each test in clear, simple language.
- Normal Values in standard and SI units include variations for gender and age, where relevant.
- How the Test is Done succinctly describes how each test is performed.
- Significance of Test Results list the diseases and disorders that are associated with abnormal findings.
- Interfering Factors list the factors, such as drugs, herbs, and improper specimen collection and handling, that inadvertently affect test results.
- Nursing Care is divided into Pretest, During the Test, and Posttest, listing in detail what the nurse does in the testing process.
- Nursing Response to Critical Values and Nursing Response to Complications detail what you should be alert for before, during, and after the test and how to manage dangerous situations.
- Explicit incorporation of nursing concerns related to lab tests can only be found in this lab book.
- Over 50 new and updated pieces of art highlight how results are interpreted, what equipment is used, and how various techniques are performed.
- Over 20 new tests prepare you for the types of tests you will encounter during your clinical experience.
- Patient Teaching icons make crucial nursing content easy to find.
- New Student Resources on Evolve feature a variety of supplemental learning tools.
- Skills materials, including skills checklists, PDFs of skills, and brief skills video clips, help you master specimen collection and basic diagnostic procedures.
- Patient handouts provide practical, useable materials to make your clinical experience easier.
- Audio pronunciations simplify the process of learning difficult terminology.